FSC Friday brings people from all over the world together to raise awareness of the importance of the world’s forests and the key role FSC plays in their preservation through responsible forest management.
Join us on October 12 to celebrate FSC Friday!
FSC Friday events will take place around the world with organisations and supporters promoting the FSC logo and what it stands for. Each year, schools, businesses, youth groups and many more get involved.
Join FSC and people around the globe in celebrating the world’s forests and raising awareness of how important they are for us!
Every year the threat to our forests increases, in the form of environmental change and illegal logging.
For over 20 years, FSC has worked to take care of forests and the people, plants, and animal species that depend on them.
The FSC label gives assurance that wood, paper, and other forest products have been responsibly sourced from well-managed forests and/or recycled materials.
FSC Friday is about sharing that message, so that more people recognize the role we play and can help us turn the tide against global deforestation.
There's loads of ways to get involved with FSC Friday! Nothing is too big or too small - from an FSC Friday themed morning tea at your office to taking a photo of yourself with your favourite FSC certified product.
We've put together an FSC Friday pack to help you celebrate. You can find these in the green box on the left.
In this pack you will find:
- FSC Friday posters
- FSC Friday social media images for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- FSC Friday email signatures
- FSC Friday quiz
Follow #FSCFriday on Twitter and Facebook for ideas from around the world.
Join the Thunderclap on 28 September
FSC Friday will be held on 28 September in the rest of the world - so make sure to follow #FSCFriday if you want to support the global Thunderclap event.
FSC Certified businesses who want to promote being FSC certified
- Hold an FSC Friday event - eg. a short talk about being an FSC certificate holder, an FSC Friday themed morning tea for staff, or an FSC themed quiz
- Add FSC Friday to your website or social channels
- Offer your customers a discount or promotional offer to encourage them to choose FSC
- Talk to other businesses and suppliers about the importance of FSC certification
- Hold an open day for local businesses or community groups
- Bake a FSC-themed cake to celebrate FSC Friday
- Organize FSC Friday office decorations
- Work with your local community to create more awareness of sustainability
Schools or youth groups wanting to introduce your classes to FSC certification and responsible forestry
- Hold a local event, at any time throughout September, to celebrate forests, and learn about the importance of sustainability
- Run a poster or video competition to educate children about the FSC logo and what it means
- Organize a trail or treasure hunt in your local forest
- Plant trees
- Organize an art competition of woods, trees, woodland creatures etc. that are fitting with the sustainability theme
- Host a ‘green’ fancy dress day
- Screen a favourite film, set in the forest
- Partner with another school to share your FSC Friday experiences
- Organize a forest cleaning day within your local community
- Organize an assembly to help promote the understanding of the work that FSC does
- Organize special missions to look out for the FSC logo (e.g. challenge children to spot the logo at home)
- Educate others about how to be sustainable and what they can do to protect forests
- Plant trees
- Share your favourite photos of Australian or New Zealand forests through social media with the hastag #FSCFriday
- Help promote FSC Friday through social media #FSCFriday
- Choose FSC-certified products to make a positive difference
- Talk to your friends, family and colleagues about why you choose FSC
- Lobby your employers to ensure their procurement policy requires FSC-certified materials for all office paper and furniture purchasing
- Give us a shout out on social media. Don’t forget to use the #FSCFriday hashtag
We want to see how you celebrate FSC Friday!
Share your FSC Friday photos with us to go into the running to win one of the categories below:
1. Best photo in an FSC certified forest
Send us a photo of yourself in an FSC certified forest (make sure to tell us which forest)
2. Best photo of an FSC certified product
Showcase your FSC certified products or production process
3. Best FSC Friday team photo
A photo of your team or organisation celebrating FSC Friday 2018
4. Best FSC Friday customer promotion
In-store, by post, digital or event-based, let us know what you got up to (including at least one photograph)
To enter send your photos and stories to: info at au.fsc point org
The winner will be sent a certificate congratulating them on their commitment to FSC and will be showcased on FSC Australia and New Zealand social media and website.
All entries will be shared on FSC Australia and New Zealand social media.