Support the System that Supports You
© FSC AustraliaResponsible Forest Management Australia Limited trades as FSC Australia and its mission is to promote environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable management of forests in Australia and countries supplying the Australian forest products market. As a not for profit, non-government organisation, FSC relies solely on the support of memberships, donations and sponsorship.
Joint Membership is now available in Australia, to apply please download the application to the right
Benefits of Becoming a Member
FSC Australia members receive significant benefits for a relatively minimal cost, and constitute an integral part of the FSC system is Australia. Without member support FSC Australia could not exist. Membership allows you, or your organisation, to:
- Become part of an organisation committed to the development of environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable management of forests in Australia.
- One-on-one support for organisations seeking chain of custody certification. Step-by-step explanation of the Standard, and sample documents to help you better understand the requirements of CoC
- Contribute to the growth of an Australian market-driven system of responsible forestry based on the FSC’s 10 Principles of responsible forest management.
- Be part of the FSC Australia governance structure, and have a say in the future development and growth of the FSC system in Australia.
- Enhance your access to the growing domestic and international market in responsible wood products and products sourced from FSC certified Australian Forests.
- Receive discounted admission to FSC-run events.
- Receive regular updates on events and developments in the FSC system in Australia and overseas.
- Use of the FSC trademarks, once approved, at no additional cost, for eligible retailers.
- Promotion of Membership through Social media sites
- Opportunity for FSC Australia to get to know your business, so that we can correctly refer product enquiries to out members.
- Assist in connecting supply and demand for our members. As we are able to get to know our Members' business, we can refer product or services queries we receive to our members.
Applicants to FSC Australia membership must have met, or be willing to meet, key eligibility requirements to be successful. They must have displayed demonstrated active commitment to implementing or promoting the FSC Principles and Criteria for responsible forest management.
Further information about FSC Australia Membership eligibility.
Members have different interests, as such they are organised in the FSC system through sectoral chambers. Decision making is, wherever possible, by consensus. These processes ensure that no one sectoral interest controls FSC and that the system maintains its independence and credibility while finding solutions to conflict over forest issues.
Further information about FSC membership chambers.
Membership Fees and Categories
Membership fees vary depending on category of membership for which you are eligible, and the kind of membership you are seeking. As FSC Australia is a company limited by guarantee, the liabilities of members are limited in accordance with law and the terms of the Constitution.
Find out more about FSC Australia membership structure and associated fees.
Apply for FSC Australia membership today by completing the attached membership form. Please follow the format outlined in the Membership application guide. If you have any issues, simply contact FSC Australia and we will guide you through the process.