18th October 2011
What is FSC and why is it important?
Using the FSC trademark and labels
Getting FSC Certified
Using FSC to gain competitive advantage
City of Melbourne Bowls Club
West Melbourne, VIC 3003
18th of October, 8AM - 9:30AM
Anyone interested may attend however bookings are required for catering purposes
Natalie Reynolds - Acting CEO, FSC Australia
Nick Capobianco - Director, Green Marketing Concepts and Auditor, SCS
Cheryl Speechley - Environment Manager, Tetra Pak Oceania
Don't miss this fantastic and free opportunity to engage and join the growing network of business that support responsible forest management.
The 2011 FSC Australia annual awards and dinner will be held at the Langham Hotel, Melbourne on November 16th. It will celebrate the 5th Anniversary of the incorporation of Responsible Forest Management Australia (FSC Australia) and our exciting achievements.
The Awards Dinner offers FSC certificate holders, FSC members and consumers an opportunity to engage, discuss and plan future direction for the responsible management of the world's forests. It provides the growing community of responsible, aware and informed Australian's access to industries that meet the rigorous demands of the FSC system - a system that ensures global best practice complies with, and exceeds, public expectations.
The Awards themselves are recognition of FSC certificate holders who have best complied with, contributed to, and helped build the FSC system in Australia this year. Award nominations will soon be open for applications, covering the tradtional FSC awards categories.
Categories for FSC Australia Awards, 2011
- LARGE FOREST MANAGER OF THE YEAR - For organisations managing forest areas in excess of 10,000 hectares
- SMALL FOREST MANAGER OF THE YEAR - For organisations managing forest areas up to and including 10,000 hectares
- LARGE CHAIN OF CUSTODY OPERATION OF THE YEAR - For Chain of Custody operations with an annual turnover in excess of $10 million per annum
- SMALL CHAIN OF CUSTODY OPERATION OF THE YEAR - For Chain of Custody operations with annual turnover less than or equal to $10 million per annum
- FSC CONSTRUCTION AWARD - For builders, developers, architects and construction companies committed to using FSC certified products in environmentally sensitive construction projects
- FSC PUBLISHER/PAPER USER OF THE YEAR - For large scale paper users using FSC certified paper and printers
- FSC RETAILER OF THE YEAR - For retailers of FSC products
- FSC RESPONSIBLE PROCUREMENT AWARD - For organisations who demonstrate commitment to procuring FSC materials throughout their organisation and as part of a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
Sponsorship Tables & Tickets
There are a limited number of sponsorship tables at this year's FSC Awards Dinner. Table sponsorship is tiered to Major, Gold and Silver. Each category of sponsorship includes the benefits listed below. All sponsors will have the oppurtunity to showcase their FSC products/services at silent auction on the night.