FSC works to ensure that forests are managed in a way that;
- not only takes care of the animals and plants that call it home,
- but also workers and local communities who rely on forests,
- and indigenous groups whose heritage connects them to forest landscapes.
We do this through our commitment to our 10 Principles and Criteria.
WHAT THE LOGO STANDS FOR
The FSC check mark logo is a guarantee that every company involved in the manufacture of the product uses wood from responsible sources; helping conserve and protect forests, wildlife, and people.
- No illegal logging,
- No human rights abuses,
- No unregulated production practices,
- All while protecting forest animal habitats.
You’ll find the FSC logo on an ever-growing assortment of products around the world – from toilet tissue to cricket bats.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF OUR WORK?
FSC is an independent not-for-profit organization that helps to guarantee the future of the world’s forests for people, animals, and businesses.
Much of the global economy relies on wood and forest products, so we make sure that resource (the world’s forests) is used in a controlled, responsible manner that allows trade to continue without disrupting the natural environment.
WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY
See what leading NGOs such as WWF and Greenpeace have to say about the work of FSC.